Whoah! Was that a whale off the port bow? You’re not sure, but one thing is for sure; you’re ready for when it reappears. Camera poised, not even the cold wind and spray can put you off as it soaks into your ear and runs down your hands. There again! Click… got it. Fantastic shot: even if you are sitting in a canoe off the coast and your DSLR is always to hand, it’s still rare to get whales come so close. Can’t wait to get it emailed to the club.
Tips from a Pro:
To Disperse Water Droplets on the Lens: Most Pros use Rain-X. The guys in Maui use half an onion and rub it on the lens. But my personal favourite is to use waterproof sunscreen - the higher the factor the better. When you dip the lens just lift it clear of the water and blow the droplets off.Opening/Closing: Never EVER open the case with wet hands. Only ever insert/remove the camera with the case completely upside down, with the opening at the bottom.Taking shots: Rather than shooting in normal style of looking at what you see through the view finder, start shooting at what you are pointing the camera at you will get the hang of it. Feel free to look at the images on my site under kite-surfing and see the results we get.Chris Skone-Roberts is a professional watersports photographer. Click here for his website.
- You can take great photographs right through the hard lens tube (see below). Even underwater.
- PLEASE NOTE: The hard lens is permanently attached to the case and cannot be removed.
- The SLR Camera Case (code 455) is compatible with most SLR type cameras.
- It'll float with your camera in it.
- It's guaranteed submersible to 15 feet (5 metres).
- The UV-stabilized TPU material won't be broken down or discoloured by sunlight.
- It keeps out dust and sand too. They're a particular problem for cameras (just ask the repairman at your local camera store).
- And all that for only £80.00. Bargain!
- It comes with an adjustable and detachable shoulderstrap so you can hang it round your neck or shoulder.
- It comes with a packet of 5 desiccant sachets. These will help absorb any condensation in the air inside the case. If you know you're going to be taking it somewhere particularly humid like Jacksonville or the jungle, you'd be well advised to buy a few extra packets.
- It comes with our 3-year global warranty (see 'Buy with confidence' below).
How big is the case? The SLR Camera Case (code 455) fits most SLR cameras. To make sure you choose the right case check out the Aquapac size guide at http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/sizing-606-0.html
Dimensions: Maximum size of equipment to fit in case
Will I really get good photos through the plastic?Yes! The special hard lens on the case provides a rigid housing for the lens and it's optically-clear. And the sturdy but flexible material allows you to operate all the camera controls.Ok, not every photo is going to be perfect. But we're all used to that aren't we! Most of the time nobody will be able to tell you were using a case.Read this independent review by one of our customers, which is very detailed. Click here to see some of the photos our customers have sent in. The kind of photos you could be soon be getting!
PLEASE NOTE, DELIVERY FOR THIS ITEM IS APPROX 3 DAYS, UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER NEXT DAY DELIVERY.